Moore, Timothy J. and Kevin T. Schnepel (2021). "Opioid Use, Health and Crime: Insights from a Rapid Reduction in Heroin Supply." NBER Working Paper No. 28848.
- Ph.D in Economics, Uninversity of California Santa Barbara, 2013
- M.A. in Economics, University of Colorado Denver, 2007
- B.A. in Accounting and Finance, Loyola University New Orleans, 2002
Primary Academic Appointments
- 2022-present: Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University
- 2018-2022: Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University
- 2013-2018: Assistant Professor, School of Economics, The University of Sydney
Mueller-Smith, Michael, and Kevin T. Schnepel (2021). "Diversion in the Criminal Justice System." The Review of Economic Studies. 88(2): 883-936.
Billings, Stephen B., and Kevin T. Schnepel (2020). "Hanging Out with the Usual Suspects: Peer Effects and Recidivism." Journal of Human Resources. Forthcoming.
Billings, Stephen B., and Kevin T. Schnepel (2018). "Life after Lead: Effects of Early Interventions for Children Exposed to Lead." American Economic Journal: Applied Economics. 10(3).
Schnepel, Kevin T. (2018). "Good Jobs and Recidivism." The Economic Journal. 128(608).
Schnepel, Kevin T. (2017). "Do post-prison job opportunities reduce recidivism?." IZA World of Labor. 399.
Carter, Andrew V., Kevin T. Schnepel, and Douglas G. Steigerwald (2017). "Asymptotic Behavior of a t-Test Robust to Cluster Heterogeneity." Review of Economics and Statistics. 99(4).
Billings, Stephen B., and Kevin T. Schnepel (2017). "The value of a healthy home: Lead paint remediation and housing values." Journal of Public Economics. 153.
Schnepel, Kevin T. (2016). "Economics of Incarceration." Australian Economic Review. 49(4).
Rees, Daniel I., and Kevin T. Schnepel. (2009). "College Football Games and Crime." Journal of Sports Economics. 10(1).